Step 15 – Verifying all components
- Open vSphere Web Client and verify that you can login to vSphere Web Client. if you are asked to install Flash Player, install Flash Player.
- Login to vSphere Web Client with Windows Local Administrator
Username : VC1\administrator
Password : <Password_for_Local_Administrator_in_VC1>
- Make sure that you can login to vCenter Server via Web Client.
- Install vSphere Client in vCenter VM
- Open vSphere Client and make sure that you can login to ESXi01.
- In vSphere Client, go to Configuration > Storage Adapters.
- Click Add to enable Software iSCSI Initiator.
- Then connect to your Openfiler iSCSI server.
- Rescan iSCSI software initiator and then verify that you can see 3 LUNs that you created.
- Disable Software iSCSI Adapter.
- Go to Configuration > Storage.
- Add New NFS Datastore and point it to your NFS Share.
- Verify that NFS Datastore is mounted.
- Unmount NFS Datastore.
- Restart ESXi Server, and close vSphere Client.
- From vCenter Server you can ping all components in your Lab Environment and also make sure that you can ping Internet site such as google.com
- Now everything is ready and functioning, and you are ready to go, Good Luck!!!